Summary: Beginning Saturday, January 15, a new federal directive requires healthcare plans to cover the cost of FDA-approved over-the-counter COVID-19 tests for its members. This includes Textron employees who receive healthcare coverage through UnitedHealthcare, Bind, Highmark. If you have coverage through a healthcare provider not associated with Textron, please contact them directly.
- If you purchase an over-the-counter COVID-19 test kit on or after January 15th 2022 through a pharmacy in Textron’s Exclusive Choice Network (ECN), you can receive the test kits at no cost to you by presenting your Textron healthcare or prescription card. The ECN is a network of preferred pharmacies that you are required to use when filling medications to receive in-network pricing—it is comprised of CVS retail and mail order, Walmart, Dillons, Sam’s Club and several independent pharmacies.
- If you use a pharmacy outside of ECN, you can submit a claim through your health insurance provider. The process will likely be similar to how you submit claims for your HSA or dependent care FSA. Reimbursement is limited to the cost of the test, up to $12 per test.
- There is no cost-sharing or deductible associated with this directive.
- Each covered individual can be reimbursed for up to eight tests per 30-day period (or per calendar month). Note that the retailer may limit the number of test kits available for purchase.
- This cost share waiver for diagnostic rapid test is in place during the Federal Covid Emergency Period.
- You may be asked to attest that the test is being used for diagnostic purposes (e.g., you are symptomatic or were identified as a close contact). Tests purchased as a requirement for your job, for travel or to participate in any other activity are not reimbursable..